Friday, April 25, 2014

One week!

This time next week I will be traveling to see my awesome buddy Kristen from over at BeerCat Brewing. If you remember, she came to visit me back in September, right before Ella was born (and if you don't see my posts here and here and her much better post here). When she came out to BFE, I was hugely pregnant with Marian. This time, she is pregnant with her second little one and is rocking the cutest bump.

I am way super excited. Kristen totally rocks and I am looking forward to spending a weekend gabbing away with her. We spent her visit talking for 72 hours straight, without having to worry about my cell phone crapping out or needing to run errands or kids waking up from naps. I'm surprised we weren't both completely hoarse by the time I dropped her off.

And although I feel like a bad mom admitting this, I'm looking forward to a weekend without my toddler. Don't get me wrong. I absolutely love Ella. But I have not had a day away from her in almost 2.5 years. And I'm kind of ready. Sad and a little nervous about leaving her, but ready for a mini-break from all the not-so-fun aspects of having a two year old. Think of it as a recharge weekend. Or that she's getting a special Daddy-Ella weekend.

Of course, our girls' weekend won't be totally kid-free. The Boob Monster will be traveling with me and Kristen has her own two year old. LB will get a crash course in being a big sister.

It is going to be an awesome weekend.  

1 comment:

  1. I am seriously beyond excited about your visit! I can't wait!!! :)

    Eventually we have to plan a trip when neither of us is pregnant so we can enhance the experience with vast quantities of beer... :)

    ReplyDelete