Monday, April 14, 2014

Things I learned today

Another day, another trip to the pediatrician's office. Ella's nasty bug- probably picked up when we were at the pediatrician's for Marian's check up (the irony is not lost on me)- is lingering and so I got to spend another lovely morning dragging the kids to the doctor.

Every parenting adventure has the potential for teaching you fun new lessons. Here's what I learned (so far) today:

-Getting a two year old to stay still for an x-ray is an absolute treat. Putting a stuffed animal on your head and asking her to watch for butterflies coming out of your nose helps.

-I am capable of breastfeeding the baby with one hand and using the other to pick up a toddler who is throwing a complete fit in the pediatrician's waiting room.

-It is pretty embarrassing when your toddler attempts to bite the doctor when she is trying to get a look in her throat.

-My two year old thinks having to pee in a cup is the best thing ever. And will throw a fit in the pediatrician's bathroom when you attempt to explain that the doctor doesn't need her to pee in a cup this time. But she will continue to ask to use every bathroom she spots in hopes of getting to pee in a cup again.

Naturally, after all that hassle, the verdict is simply that she has a virus. For the sake of my sanity and my liver, let's hope she is on the mend soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment