Monday, October 6, 2014

Happy 1st Birthday, Marian!

My sweet baby girl,

I can't believe that you are already one.

You started off the year looking like this:


Now you're officially a walking, talking, opinionated, mischievous little toddler:



This year has been filled with lots of sleepless nights and spit up. There have been approximately 2920 diaper changes. Countless miles paced while trying to lull you off to sleep. I've had to utter the phrase, "What do you have in your mouth?!" more times than I care to remember. (In all seriousness, rocks and mulch can't taste very good. Give it a rest.)

Even though some most nights I drop off into bed feeling like I've done battle, it's been a fun year. I've loved watching you grow from a tiny baby who wasn't quite sure what to make of the world to a confident toddler who "though she be but little, she is fierce!"

I'm excited to see what you have in store for us in this next year. Knowing you, there will be lots of mischief. Most likely more sleepless nights. But lots of sweetness and slobbery kisses too.

Happy 1st Birthday!

Let's bring on the toddler years.  

No comments:

Post a Comment