Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Creepy conversation with my toddler

 Out of nowhere, Ella mutters: The cow is just bones. The cow just has his bones.
Me: Huh?
Ella: The cow just has his bones.
Me: The cow...just has his bones?
Ella: Yes. His skin went away. Now he just has his bones.
Me: What made the cow's skin go away?
Ella: He was counting.
Me: Counting?!
Ella: He was counting and his skin goes away.
Me: Is he an alive cow or dead cow?
Ella: He's alive.
I pause for a moment and wonder what the heck she's thinking about. Me: Where is this cow?
Ella: At school.
Me: In a book?
Ella: Yeah.
Me: A Halloween book?
Ella: Yeah.
Thinking what kind of Halloween book has a skinless cow and wondering if a call to her teacher is in order, I ask: Did the cow say moo?
Ella: NO!
Upon realizing we have a toddler pronunciation issue, I think of what sounds similar: Was it a clown?
Ella: Yeah! A clown with no skin.

I boot up my computer, all the while thinking that a clown with no skin is not exactly a huge improvement over a cow with no skin. Even if it does know how to count. I type "skeleton" into the search bar and Ella excitedly announces, "There's lots more clowns!"

Phew. A cartoon skeleton that counts is okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment