Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Reason #7890 why my kids are going to hate me when they are older

I picked Ella up from mom's day out this afternoon and immediately felt like a slacker mom. Apparently I'm the only mom who didn't get the memo I was supposed to send in something cutesy for Valentine's Day, thus ensuring that my toddler is going to be ostracized for the rest of her life. She got little cards, candies, and a chocolate covered strawberry stuffed with cream cheese from some effing over-achieving mom with kids that clearly sleep through the night and don't run around the house naked taking the hinge pins off doors. This is, of course, on top of the mom from MOPS on Monday who hot-glued little plastic bugs to cards with some vomit-inducing saying like "Happy Valentine's Day from your love bug."

Here's what I have to say to Valentine's for two year olds:

Bitch please. It's not even February 14th

Even so, I'm setting a reminder on my calendar to make "sorry I forgot about a fake holiday" cookies for Ella to bring in next week. Maybe I'll make them all look like Abraham Lincoln's hat for Presidents' Day and one-up the strawberry mom.

2 comments:

  1. I am dreading holidays when the kids are old enough for school. Not only do I not have time fo dat, I really just would rather be doing something else. Ha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got caught with my pants down last Valentine's day. Thus the Littlest Brewster was ready with cards and stickers this year. Because 2 year olds *really* get the concept of made-up holidays....

    ReplyDelete