Monday, February 24, 2014

Plague House

Here's the toll the toddler germs took on us in the past few days:

Marian: RSV and bronchiolitis
Me: Sinus infection plus some underlying virus
Jim: Unidentified crud, most likely the same virus that took me down
Ella: 103 degree fever but still running around like crazy

Basically my house imploded this weekend. Ella watched more TV in four days than she has in the rest of her life.

Today is the first day since last Wednesday that I feel semi-okay. Hopefully these antibiotics will continue to work and I can knock this thing out. In the meantime, I am embarking on Operation Die Germs Die.

Two side notes to all of this:

1. I'm super glad I'm not pregnant right now. Because I've been coughing so hard that I've almost thrown up at times, and were I pregnant, I'm sure I would have peed myself.

2. The older Disney movies are definitely not as nice as the newer ones. "Lady and the Tramp" has a dog being euthanized, in addition to the creepy rats. "101 Dalmatians" repeatedly talks about the dogs being bashed and skinned. WTF Disney. WTF.

No comments:

Post a Comment