Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Nightmare at 20,000 feet

Toddler vs airplane. Never has two hours felt so long.

Highlights:

Ella declaring, 'I need to go poop!' in the middle of turbulence, while I'm trying my darndest not to puke. And then since we couldn't get to the bathroom, proceeding to stink the place up.
In the natural course of events, then having to change a poopy diaper in the airplane bathroom on the world's tiniest changing table. With Marian sleeping in the ergo. Complete with the toddler throwing a fit as I'm trying to change her and the door swinging open.

The changing incident was apparently so loud and traumatic sounding that several people asked if I was okay and one person kindly gave Ella a bag of cookies as consolation.

And my favorite part, Ella deciding to use the airplane seat as a slide. While we were landing. As I'm nursing Marian and am thus forced to one-handedly attempt to get her back on the seat and re-buckled.

No comments:

Post a Comment