Friday, January 10, 2014

3 month update

Here's what's been going on with Marian in the past month:

Weight: According to the scale at the La Leche League meeting, she was up to 13.5 lbs. This kid is seriously going to be bigger than her sister in a few more months.

Height: I'm guessing around 23 inches? She's sleeping right now so I'll update once she's awake.

Diapers: Nothing new on that front. Still cloth during the day, disposables at night. We probably could switch her to cloth at night but then I'd have half a box of random diapers sitting around my house until the next baby comes along.

Clothes: Mostly 3-6 months. It seemed like she outgrew the 0-3 months literally overnight. One evening I spent a good 15 minutes trying on various onesies/pajamas until I found something that fit. The kid wears some clothes that didn't fit Ella until she was 6 months old.

Sleep: I'm going to jinx myself here. Most nights Marian has been sleeping from around 9:30-6ish. I know the 4-month sleep regression is right around the corner so I am savoring every minute of sleep I get.

Feedings: Some days they are spaced out a little bit longer- every 3 hours instead of 2. Other days it feels like I am feeding her constantly. Around Christmas she did take a bottle for the first time, which was a huge step for her.

Milestones: Lots of baby giggles and random cute baby noises. She's started to reach for toys.

Miscellaneous: Remember how I said she was a lot calmer and more laid back than Ella? Yeah, not so much any more. Marian tries to jump and stand up (obviously only if you are holding her under her armpits), constantly kicks her feet, has squirmed her way half out of the swing, turns herself 180 degrees in the pack and play, and has catapulted herself off the boppy in pursuit of toys Ella has stolen. Something tells me my days of having only one mobile child are coming to a close.

Just hanging out 

Reaching for her toy

"What do you mean I'm not a newborn anymore?!"

Giving the stink eye to her Christmas presents

All smiles

1 comment:

  1. Marian is super cute! I can't believe a) that she is three months already and b) how different she looks from Ella!

    ReplyDelete