Wednesday, January 8, 2014

First day of school

Well, not exactly school- mom's day out. But Ella has a book called "Curious George's First Day of School" and she gets to bring a lunch box so we've been calling it school instead of "Glorified Daycare" or "Saving Mama's Sanity and Liver."

I was a little worried about how she would do this morning. We had a brief moment while getting ready where she hid under the covers on my bed and said she wanted to stay home (mainly because she realized Marian wasn't going to be there with her). Then I reminded her she got to bring her nifty new lunch box and she was excited again.

When I dropped her off she insisted on walking in by herself. She gave her lunch to the teacher, took one look back at me and said, "Hug kiss bye mama I eat lunch with new friends!" before running off to play. When I left she was busy bossing the other kids around. Something tells me she'll do fine.

I pity her teacher at nap time though. Poor woman has no idea what's going to hit her.

I have all my errands done and am going to enjoy my remaining 3 hours and 45 minutes of toddler-free time.

 Busy meticulously unpacking the lunch I had just packed

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad that your first morning getting Ella out the door went smoothly!

    Trust me, school will be your new best friend. I know it's mine. :)

    ReplyDelete