Thursday, March 21, 2013

Sometimes, mommy has a crappy day too

99% of the time I love being a stay at home mom.

The other 1% of the time, I hate my job. Please don't interpret this as I hate my child. Even when I dislike my job, I love her completely.

Here's what I hate about it. In a regular job, when you are sick, you get a sick day. Didn't sleep well? You can call and come in a bit late. Simply need a break? Well, that's what vacation days are for.

This isn't meant to be a whole, "SAHMs are the hardest workers ever" or some war between SAHMs and working moms thing. I firmly believe the majority of moms work hard, whether it's a home or in a job. There are pluses and minuses to both.

This is basically about how I'm tired and having a shitty day for no big reason, and would love to turn on the fireplace, curl up on the couch with a book, and fall asleep. Then when I wake up, I'd like to not have to worry about dinner, or the pile of dishes in my sink, or think about poop in any way, shape, or form (both canine and human). I'd like to turn on a movie, or find something crappy to watch on the television, and eat ice cream or chocolate, in the open, without having to share.

Instead, I have to put on my big girl panties and get on with my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment