Friday, March 29, 2013

All the stuff my brain conveniently forgot about being pregnant- first trimester edition

As I dealt with a monster of a headache earlier this week, the type that Tylenol doesn't even come close to touching, I started thinking about all the fun parts of pregnancy that my brain must have blocked out. I mean, I remembered the biggies- no alcohol, nausea, and did I mention no alcohol? Obviously this mental block is how mother nature tricks us into having more than one child. That and the nice trick of making you think you have this whole toddler sleeping thing figured out before sending you the absolute hell that are molars. Without further ado, here is my list of things I had forgotten sucked about the first trimester of pregnancy.

-The whole, "I'm hungry but nothing sounds good" thing. And its partner, the "I finally figured out what I want to eat but now that I've made it there is no way I can eat without puking." Seriously. Jim went out to the store a few weeks ago because the only things I could think of that didn't make me want to gag were pizza and brownies (possibly consumed together). Not two minutes after he had left did I come to the realization of how gross those foods were.

-How one sip of water before bed translates into having to get up to pee a gazillion times.

-The crazy, crazy hormones. Everything makes me cry. I'm not even going to bother to give examples. You name it, and it has probably made me cry.

-Not being far enough along to have a cute baby bump yet. Instead, you get to walk around looking like you inhaled ten Chipotle burritos and have been hiding in your pantry too much eating chocolate. And because you aren't far along enough to have announced to the world that you are pregnant (unless you are one of those people who announces before the pee is dry on your stick), people start side-eyeing you and dropping not so subtle hints about fabulous diets that worked for them and gym memberships.

-The extreme exhaustion. And then how being so tired I fall asleep on the couch while watching TV makes me cry. Or being too tired to clean makes me cry. Have I mentioned how everything makes me cry?

No comments:

Post a Comment