Thursday, January 10, 2013

Homemade cheesy crackers

Ella loves (and I mean loves) goldfish crackers. So imagine how excited I was when I came across a recipe for homemade goldfish crackers on Tasty Kitchen! I don't have a food processor so I had to fudge it a bit with a blender, but I think they still came out amazing. If you do use the blender, do it in small batches and on a low setting. We used mini holiday cookie cutters for ours, as that's what I have around the house. The recipe states that it makes around 7 dozen, but we were able to make a bit more than that- there's a whole other baking sheet not pictured, just to give you an idea. The best part is, they are both husband and toddler approved! 

Our holiday-shaped cheesy crackers

Nom nom- toddler approved! She kept asking for more. 
Here is the recipe, as found on Tasty Kitchen:

8 oz shredded sharp cheddar cheese
4 tbsp butter, cut into cubes
1 cup flour
3/4 tsp salt
2 tbsp cold water

Pulse everything (except water) in the food processor until the dough resembles coarse sand.

Pulse in water, 1 tbsp at a time.

Remove dough from the processor, wrap in plastic, and chill for 20 minutes.

Roll the dough out and cut into desired shapes. Place on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet.

Bake at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes or until crispy.

Makes approximately 7 dozen crackers.

1 comment:

  1. OMG - I am SO making these for the Littlest Brewster tomorrow!

    Hooray for cutting out the factories and processing and doing things ourselves!

    ReplyDelete