Monday, June 9, 2014

8 month update

Weight: Will have to update when I get her to a scale. Guessing still around 17 lbs

Height: Squirmy cranky girl is hanging out on my back in the Ergo. Will have to measure her later.

Teeth: Still only the two central lower incisors. The upper two are working on making their appearance.

Diapers: Nothing new or exciting here. Well, maybe new but not terribly exciting. Since she's eating more solid food her poop is now, well, more solid.

Clothes: She can still do some 6-9 but they are getting tight, so as they come through the wash I've been putting them aside. Still can't do bigger than 12 month size- unless of course we are in a true clothing pinch and I toss her in some of Ella's clothes.

Sleep: I finally feel like we are over some magical sleep hurdle. Napping consistently? Check. Sleeping at night? Eh, mostly good. Still one night time nursing. However, sleeping in until a decent hour of the morning? Not so much. Maybe it's because she's not waking up for her middle of the night nursing until around 5, but it is extremely hard to get her to deign to go back to sleep until a decent hour. There have been several times she sleeps through until 5:40 then wants to nurse. I don't know why, but 6:00 sounds so much more humane than 5:40. I'll admit, I have shut down the monitor some mornings in hopes of her learning to sleep in for 20 more minutes. She seems to be onto my strategy and will just stand in her crib and scream until I get her.

She did sleep through the night twice last week. At least I think she did. I was a bad mom who forgot to turn on the monitor before I went off to bed. I figure if she was really wailing I would hear her.

Food: The kid is an eating machine. There are meals where she eats more than her big sister. We've started doing multiple meals every day, in part because she is not happy being the only one not eating. Right now she is loving blueberry pancakes and beans (thankfully not together-yuck!).

Words: That's right, folks. We have a talker. Her first word was "Dada" followed soon after by "Ella." After lots of coaching, she now can say "Mama"- but calls me Dada most of the time. Hey, beggars can't be choosers, right?

Milestones: Lots of crawling and cruising around. She pulls herself up to standing and has taken one unassisted step. I'm taking bets as to whether she will be walking by 9 months.

Miscellaneous: She loves, loves, loves her big sister and wants to do everything Ella does. That has caused some consternation with Ella because "Marian is NOT a big girl!" It also has led to some bumps and bruises. Like when she tried to go for a ride on Ella's tricycle and managed to rip her upper lip tie. I'm a lot calmer about it than I was when Ella was the same age. I'm pretty sure when Ella ripped her lip tie (the first time) there was a call to the pediatrician. This time- eh, been there, done that.

On a different note, Marian started swim lessons. It's been a bit interesting because swim starts at 6:30 and she's usually in bed by then. So far she seems to enjoy it.

Swimming with Mommy

Standing up. Also- a oneie with a tail? How cute is that?

Ella "feeding" Marian dinner

Coloring with a lot of supervision, else the crayons go in the mouth

Pretty much a perfect summary of their relationship. 


Checking out Ella's tricycle (Note: this is NOT when she fell off and ripped her lip tie. That was in the back yard on the grass. Jim is just outside of the picture here.)

Showing off her cool new TARDIS diaper cover and how all the cool babies play with the jumperoo

Both all smiles

1 comment:

  1. She's such a big girl now!!! And the onesie with the tail is adorable - I may have to buy one for BIT.

    ReplyDelete