Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Surprise!

I couldn't say anything about this earlier, and it's been killing me having to keep a secret for so long. A couple of weeks ago my future BIL called me and asked if Ella and I would like to come down to Florida to surprise my sister for her birthday this past Saturday. A free visit to Florida? Sign me up, please!

Ella was- how should I phrase this? a holy terror on the flight down. She didn't do anything bad per se- she was simply energetic and wanted to make good friends with the people around us. Naturally, the best way to endear everyone to us was to try climbing up the tray table, banging on the window, and doing her impression of a Tarzan yell. Of course, as soon as we landed in Atlanta she fell sound asleep, only to wake up as soon as we were boarding the next flight.

Fascinated by the seat belt. This very quickly turned into her waving it about. 
Passed out during our layover. I wish I got to sleep like that! 

However, my sister was so thrilled to see us that it made the miserable flight bearable. She walked in, said "Hi" very calmly, then it dawned on her that I wasn't really supposed to be there. Once that realization hit she ran out of the room screaming.

Although it was a quick visit, we managed to pack a lot of things in. We ordered her wedding dress, and I think I have made my final decision on my maid of honor dress (that is, as long as she doesn't take me out shopping again and I find something else I like better). On Saturday my parents and I drove out to Tallahassee for the FSU-Clemson game. I had thought that we would end up having to leave early, but Ella fell asleep almost immediately so I figured as long as she was content, I would stay. She ended up sleeping through almost the entire game. How she managed to do that with over 80,000 people cheering is beyond me. 

At the FSU-Clemson game. Ella rocked her noise-protection headphones.
The rest of the trip went by in a blur, and before I knew it, we were heading back to the airport. Ella did so much better on the return trip, which was amazing considering that she had not one, but two teeth pop through. Now we are back to the regularly scheduled program, and I have to figure out how in the world to top this birthday present next year.




No comments:

Post a Comment