Tuesday, September 18, 2012

I've been a bad blogger

I can't believe it's been almost two months since I've had a chance to sit down and type something up. So quickly, before the mayhem machine shrieks or finds some new mischief, here is a quick list of what has gone on in our lives since the beginning of August.

  • We took an insane, three-week long road trip, traveling through 18 states (twice in Indiana, Georgia, and New York), and logging almost 4000 miles on my car. Ella and I spent a week in Florida and two weeks on Cape Cod. Jim flew down to Florida to meet us, spent a week on the Cape, then had to go to a conference in Philly. 
  • Ella has learned to crawl; cruises around like crazy; walks holding onto our hands; stands up on her own for short periods of time; says hi, mama, dada, dog, and up; waves hi/bye; eats "grown-up" foods; tries to climb on everything; and is full of trouble. I spend my days chasing after her, learning about new things in our house that have to be baby-proofed, finding Cheerios everywhere, and cleaning up bits of paper that she loves to tear up. We go to bed exhausted, but this is my favorite stage so far. She has such a fun little personality. 
  • Jim got a chance to get back to brewing. He and one of our friends made a pumpkin beer for the fall. Once it's ready, we're going to have a fall party. 
Gah, I'm trying to think of more things that we've done. In fact, I'm sure that we have done something more. We must have done something more, right? I'm blaming the baby for this lapse of memory. To distract you from my poor blogging skills, here are some photos.  

Sound asleep in the car

Right after she learned to crawl. She was very proud of herself. 

At Justin and Lucie's wedding reception in Florida

Loving her float on Cape Cod

Not loving her life vest

Finally somewhat happy on the boat

Jim and I managed to get out for a date night at the Popponesset Inn

At the Cape Cod Children's Museum. Ella showing her disapproval of sharing with the other kids. 

Showing off how she eats like a big girl

Playing foosball with Nana and Grampa Jim

With her Nana and Grampa at the beach

She loved, loved, loved spending time with Nana

Swimming with Nana

Wearing Nana's hat

Showing off how we "nap" at the beach

Posing for a picture

Swimming with Daddy

Hanging out

Her super-secret, babies only clubhouse

Labor Day weekend at the Splash Park

Fascinated by the water

Extremely suspicious of spaghetti

Pulling clothes out of my dresser

And her face when she realizes she's been caught in action

Crawling around

Cruising around the house

No comments:

Post a Comment