Sunday, July 13, 2014

We're back!

Between getting ready for vacation, being on vacation, and then recovering from vacation I haven't had much time or inclination to blog. Now I've reached the point where I have given up on getting things cleaned and organized before we leave on our road trip and my new plan is to simply toss new stuff on top of the old stuff in the suitcase. It will be fun. Suitcase stratigraphy. (Okay, if you really know me then you know this is my stated plan and in actuality there will be a freakout and extensive organizing before we depart.)

Here's what we've been up to:

After a horrendous trip where I had to pretend to Ella that we got on the first plan "for practice" (weather, then mechanical issues, then a cancellation), we spent a couple of days in Jim's home town. Swimming in the pool, resting up, and eating my favorite ice cream ever. Probably good for my ass that I have to travel 1000 miles to get it.

Marian got her first taste of ice cream 

I think she was a fan too

Then it was off to Cape Cod, where we did a whole lot of nothing. Well, the kids did some of this:

Her beloved yellow float. She hasn't been in it since she was 8 months old yet it was like they had never been parted. 

And this: 

Floats x2

Of course, I had to get in on the action:

Such a rough life

We did take a break from bumming around on floats to try and catch fish.


Quite possibly my new favorite picture

Catching minnows

Then after all that hard work, we had to lounge around some more.

Marian finally got a turn in the baby float

Naturally, there were lobsters. And naturally, we had to play with our food first.

The one on the right was quite the beast. Pulled off its own leg. 

Stuffed full of yummy seafood, it was onto sailing the seas. Marian was quite the fan of the life jacket. Not.

This is about as happy as she got on the boat

It was a wonderful vacation and it made me wish we lived closer so we could visit more often. Until next time...

A rare moment without the kids

Being sweet together. Or possibly pushing Marian around with the thought that if she helped, Marian would be done with her turn sooner

Ah, if only she could paddle me around

No comments:

Post a Comment